To Rent or Sell Your Vacant HomeHave you ever thought whether it would be better to rent or sell a vacant
Tips to SELL Your Home FASTER and for MORE$$$
Do not set aside an ENTIRE day to organize your WHOLE house. Very few people have the energy and/or focus to spend 8 hours organizing. You'll likely become frustrated and less efficient as the day progresses. It's much better to spend a few hours — 2 or 3 — on one project or space. This way you'll feel motivated to do more, not be burned out by the process.
Organize First – Buy Second
Do not go out and buy a ton of storage pieces and supplies before you sort through your home. All of those pretty bins, boxes and baskets are very enticing, but they won't do you any good unless they fit the space (on the shelf, under the bed, in the closet); hold what you need them to hold, and function properly for your particular space.
I recommend cleaning out first, assessing what containers you REALLY need, and then buying a few bins to start. You can always add later, but you don't want a bunch of empty containers cluttering up your home while you figure out where you might use them. Remember to label the boxes for the room and which person/child/pet who’s contents the box is holding.
Questions to Help De-clutter and Clean
· Have I used this in the last year?
· Am I holding on to this for sentimental value?
· Am I only keeping this because I don’t want to waste money?
· If I were shopping now, would I buy this?
· Am I holding on to this broken item in hopes to fix it in the future?
· Do I have an actual plan to use this?
· Does this item bring me joy?
· Would this item bring someone else joy?
· Which pile does this item go into? Keep, Store, Give Away/Donate, Toss, Recycle
Complete Each Task — Completely
Of course you will need to sort things into categories (e.g., toss, recycle, donate, give to friend, put in deep storage). Here's the crucial part: Once you have decided where something is going to go — take it there. Never keep bags for charity or boxes for friends in your home to deliver later. Do it now. Finish the process. Take the bags and boxes out to the trash or recycling immediately. If you're donating something or giving something to a friend or family member, put the items in your car or make arrangements for dropping them off. You've done so much work getting this stuff ready to take out, complete the deal!
TIP: Use the 5-Second Rule! 5,4,3,2,1 Don’t think about it. Do It! Watch This NOW!
ATTRACT THE MOST BUYERS WITH HOME STAGING
Reasons Home Staging is Beneficial
· Listings that are staged sell 73% faster!
· Staged homes typically sell for top dollar.
· End up on buyers’ “must see” lists.
· Gives a well maintained appearance so buyers request fewer repairs or price reductions.
· Helps the property stand out amongst others and gives the WOW factor so that buyers distinguish and remember the specific property.
· Only 10% of buyers can picture themselves living in a vacant home. Staging creates a more inviting space that buyers can picture themselves living in.
· Staging a non-vacant home helps to depersonalize the home (removing personal photos, religious items, etc.) and allows buyers to focus on the home rather than the current occupants.
· Neutral and Appealing – As for bold wall colors, they have a way of reducing offers, so go with neutrals.
· Clean and Repair – Fewer items needing repair will help your home sell for top dollar.
I am a Christian, grandmother, real estate investor and a fun loving person. I am a full-time real estate professional and I love helping people. Consider me for all your real estate needs, I would ....
Latest Blog Posts
Rent vs. Own CalculatorIn the beginning… everyone starts out as a renter. Eventually, some will turn into “first-time” buyers. Some will continue on to become ;